As the title says: I am a dreamer of Sharapova pictures I run in the night. I actually find the Neil Young song (Cinnamon girl) way better but it makes a good title.
Maria Sharapova has arrived in Melbourne to prepare for the Australian Open that will start this Monday on January 18. I am hoping that she’ll win the Aussie Open with a great three set match. I don’t want any of the dull finales we have had in some of the previous years. I want battle on the courts. Blood, sweat and tears. Genuine emotion and, again, most of all I want Sharapova to win.
Ofcourse there are more potential winners for this year’s Aussie Open crown and as a small preview, I will name some of the women who, I think, have a great shot at the title.
1. Maria Sharapova – Injury has sidelined her much of last year but let’s hope that she has recovered enough and that she is fit and in form enough to take home the title.
2. Kim Clijsters – The tennis mom. Retired and came back. Pretty much a veni, vidi, vici last year when she entered US Open on a wildcard and took home the title. She brushed off adversaries as if they weren’t there. A force to be reckoned with.
3. Justine Henin – Another player who decided to unretire herself. Though it may look like she is going to make a serious run for the Wimbledon crown. The Australian Open could be hers.
4. Dinara Safina – Yes, her. Why? It’s about time that she added a GS title to her impressive collection and she is hungry for it. The Australian Open could be just it!
5. Jelena Jankovic – Pretty much the same story as Dinara Safina.
6. Serena Williams – You never know with this black beauty. Was laughed at when she entered in 2007 but baffled every criticaster when she took home the title with relative ease.
7. Venus Williams – Wherever Serena goes, Venus goes. Venus was upset by Maria Sharapova earlier this year in Hong Kong but that was just the first match of the year.
8. Caroline Wozniacki – She took the world by storm last year and deservedly got a place in the finals at the US Open. That proved that she is doing very well on hardcourt. Let’s hope that the hardcourts in Australia and her are a match.
9. Yanina Wickmayer – She is eager and hungry for success after a desastrous year end.
10. Elena Dementieva – If she can control her nerves she can finally win that Grand Slam title.
Let me know who YOU think will win the Australian Open 2010 crown by using our comment box. Enjoy the photos!